WW garlic Pasta with Lemony Scallops and Tomatoes- 6 PointsPlus Value
You can us half shrimp and half scallops and, when available, grape tomatoes, which are smaller and quite a bit sweeter than cherry tomatoes.
If you have ripe regular tomatoes on hand, you can chop and use them, or even a 14 1/2- ounce can of dicedtomatoeswouldbefine instead of the grape tomatoes .
WW Meeting - Doreen
- 8 oz uncooked pasta, linguine variety
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound(s) uncooked scallop (s), sea variety, (about 20)
- 2 cup (s) grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- 2 clove(s)(medium) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Preparation time 7mins
Cooking time 19mins
Cook the linguine according to package directions; drain.
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Add the scallops and cook, turning at least once, until browned on the outside and just opaque in the center, 3-4 minutes. Transfer the scallops to a plate.
Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the tomatoes begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the linguine and scallops; heat through. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and lemon juice.
Serve at once. Yields 1 cup per serving
You'll also love
- Peach Cupcakes with Peach... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Best-Ever Broccoli Cheese Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef and Broccoli, Chinese Style 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Pan-Seared Chicken with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seafood Lasagna With Rose Lobster... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rachel Ray's Roasted Tomato... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Crispy Peanut Shrimp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef and Noodles 5/5 (1 Votes)