Apple stuffed pork loin
- APPLE STUFFED PORK ROAST
- 2 Granny Smith apples, divided
- 2 Red Delicious apples, divided
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 1/2 c. apple juice
- 2 c. bread cubes
- 1 tsp. each rubbed sage and marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 3 lb. boneless pork loin butterflied and pounded 1/4 inch thick
- 1 c. parsley leaves, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 F. Chop one of each apple. In skillet saute apples, red onion and celery in 1 tablespoon butter 10 minutes. Add juice, cook 10 minutes. Stir in bread cubes, rubbed sage and marjoram, salt and pepper. Let cool 10 minutes.
Season pork with salt and pepper. Spread stuffing mix onto pork and roll up jelly roll style. Tie roast, rub with parsley. In saucepan brown roast in 1 tablespoon butter 5 minutes. Place on rack set in broiler pan. Bake 50 minutes until no longer pink (internal temperature of 155-160 degrees). Let stand 15 minutes. Core and slice remaining apples into wedges. In saucepan, saute wedges in remaining 1 tablespoon butter 5 minutes. S Serve roast on bed of apple wedges. 12 servings. 337 calories.