Orange Marmalade Cornmeal Muffins
Good morning! Get a triple hit of orange in sweet homemade muffins and a special orange butter.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Smucker’s® sweet orange marmalade
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- Candied Orange Peel
- Peel from 1 large orange
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ORANGE BUTTER:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Smucker’s® sweet orange marmalade
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 6 jumbo muffin cups with Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray.
In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup orange marmalade until blended. Stir in egg, 1 tablespoon orange peel, orange extract and salt until well blended. Add cornmeal and baking powder; mix well. Alternately add 2/3 cup orange juice and flour, stirring just until moistened.
Spoon rounded 1/3 cup batter into each muffin cup.
Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in cups 15 minutes. Remove from cups to cooling rack.
Make candied orange peel. Using a vegetable peeler, cut 1/2-inch-wide strips of peel from orange. Using knife, cut orange peel into fine strips. In 1-quart saucepan, bring granulated sugar, orange peel strips and water to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes. With slotted spoon, remove peel from syrup. Cool on waxed paper.
In small bowl, combine glaze ingredients; mix well. Set aside. In another small bowl, beat together orange butter ingredients until light and fluffy. Set aside.
Drizzle glaze over tops of muffins. Garnish each with candied orange peel. Serve with orange butter.
You'll also love
- Seafood: Grilled Lobster Paella 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheese and Bacon Potato Rounds 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Lobster Mashed Potatoes 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Cucumber Tea Sandwiches 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pineapple Jam (Made Easy) 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Key Lime Pound Cake 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Sticky Orange Chicken with Herbs... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage and Cheddar... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)