Cranberry -Orange Muffins
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 2 1/2 cups plus 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 1/2 tsp fresh orange juice
- 4 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 135mins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 2 cups granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in zest.
Stir together 2 1/2 cups flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Toss cranberries with 1 tbsp flour. Fold cranberries into batter. Divide batter evenly between 2 (12-cup) muffin pans coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Meanwhile, bring orange juice, lemon juice, and remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Boil until sugar is completely dissolved and syrup has thickened slightly (about 1 minute).
Pierce top of each muffin several times with a wooden pick, and brush warm syrup mixture over muffins. Sprinkle tops of muffins with turbinado sugar, if desired. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes.
You'll also love
- Beef Teppanyaki 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Grilled Cheese and Chorizo Sandwich 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- German Apple Strudel 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Cinnamon-Rhubarb Muffins 3.7/5 (641 Votes)
- Fried Apples 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Strawberry Cake 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Orange Mousse 4.3/5 (18 Votes)