Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
Simple but elegant and tasty tea sandwiches featuring sliced bagette, whipped cream cheese, thinly sliced cucumber and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 pickle-sized cucumbers (or 1 large cucumber cut in half)
- 1/2 whole wheat bagette, sliced into 12 1/2-inch rounds
- 4-6 ounces whipped cream cheese
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Flat leaf parsley (for garnish)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Using a peeler, begin to peel one edge of the cucumber until a flat surface is created. Then, continue to peel of very thin pieces of cucumber, and set aside. Repeat until you’ve peeled all of the cucumber.
Spread thin layers of cream cheese over bread slices, then gently place cucumber slices over each slice of bread, overlapping cucumber slightly. Turn bread slices over, and use a sharp knife to cut around the edge of the bread to remove excess cucumber. Carefully turn bread slices cucumber-side up, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley and serve.