Springtime Asparagus, Strawberry, & Arugula Salad
No matter the season, spring flavors abound in this refreshing salad with asparagus, arugula, strawberries, and crumbled blue cheese topping. Perfect for summer picnics, springtime festivities, and bbqs, this salad makes the most delicious side dish to any meaty main course or serve it as an appetizer to start a great meal off the right way.
- 15 spears asparagus, preferably organic, woody end trimmed and spears cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon country Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 big handfuls baby arugula, preferably organic
- 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced, preferably organic
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, freshly crumbled
- 1 tablespoon toasted almonds, sliced
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Toss asparagus pieces with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Lay out in an even layer on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a sealable jar (or small bowl) combine the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Shake (or whisk) until emulsified; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss the arugula with the dressing, and then gently toss in the sliced strawberries and asparagus. Top salad with blue cheese crumbles and sliced almonds.
You'll also love
- Split Pea with Bacon 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Texan Chilli Beef and Bean Filo Pie 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy Blender Salsa 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Lemon and Dill Chicken 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Broccoli and Cheese Manicotti 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Desert: Blackberry Pie Bars 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Tomato-less Rustic... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Michigan Salad with Rasberry... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
Review this recipe