Creamy Kale, Apple Salad with Spiced Nuts
After trying this yummy Creamy Kale, Apple Salad with Spiced Nuts it's clear to me why Kale is the new spinach!
- 1/4 cup sugar (60 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon Compliments Ground Cayenne Pepper (1 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon Compliments Ground Nutmeg (1 mL)
- 2 teaspoons water (10 mL)
- 1 teaspoon honey (5 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (1 mL)
- 1 egg, white only
- 1 1/2 cups Compliments Walnut Halves (375 mL)
- 1 tablespoon Sensations by Compliments Roasted Garlic Seasoning Paste (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup 2% plain yogourt (125 mL)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (30 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (1 mL)
- 1 small bunch kale, stems removed and leaves shredded
- 2/3 package Compliments Organic Romaine Hearts Leaves, shredded (132 g)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced
Adapted from inspired.ca
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small saucepan heat sugar, cayenne, nutmeg, water, honey and salt over medium-low heat, without stirring, until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk egg white until foamy, add walnuts and gently toss to coat. Transfer nuts to sugar mixture and stir to coat. Arrange nuts in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 min. Let nuts cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
In a resealable container, combine garlic paste, yogurt, lemon juice and pepper. In a large bowl, toss together kale, romaine, celery and apple.
Cover with plastic wrap before transporting.
You'll also love
- Cranberry and Apple Crumble 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Angel Hair with Bacon, Brussels... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Bread 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes Biba 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Hawaiian Macadamia Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Souffle 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Zucchini and Spinach pizza 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Beef or Pork Green Chile Stew 4.2/5 (15 Votes)