Easy Blender Salsa
This is perfect for the winter months when tomatoes aren’t in season but you’re craving a fresh simple appetizer. It’s a go to recipe of mine when we have a houseful of guests. I can throw it together in no time and I almost always have the ingredients on hand. I mean who doesn’t love chips and salsa? If you raised your hand we might have to stop being friends.
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) can original Rotel
- 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded or not, to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Small to medium size handful cilantro, washed
- Juice of 1 lime
Put all the ingredients in the base of a food processor or good blender and pulse to combine for 30 seconds or so until all the ingredients are finely chopped and salsa is desired consistency.
Taste for seasoning and adjust to taste. Serve with chips and enjoy!