Michigan Salad with Rasberry VInaigrette
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 5 ounces, weightArugula (or 2 Chopped Heads Of Romaine)
- 1/2 wholeGranny Smith, Cored And Sliced Thin
- 1 wholeLeftover Cooked Chicken Breast, Sliced Into Bite Size Pieces
- 2 ounces, weightWalnuts, Toasted In A Dry Pan Until Fragrant
- 1/4 cupsDried Cherries
- 2 TablespoonsBlue Cheese, More Or Less To Taste
- Red onion
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cupsRaspberry Blush Vinegar
- 3 TablespoonsFresh Lemon Juice, Strained To Catch Seeds And Pulp
- 3 teaspoonsHoney, (I use 4)
- 2 teaspoonsKosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 cup Olive Oil
For the salad:
Start by adding the arugula (or the chopped romaine) to a large bowl. Top with sliced apple, chicken, toasted walnuts, dried cherries and blue cheese. Toss, plate and drizzle with desired amount of the vinaigrette.
For the vinaigrette:
Add all the vinaigrette ingredients to a medium-sized jar that has a tight-fitting lid. Shake, taste, and adjust if needed.
Store any remaining dressing in the fridge; just remember to take it out about 20 minutes before using it again to thin out (it solidifies in the refrigerator).