Raspberry-Lemon Shortbread Tart
This recipes from Everyday Rachael Ray magazine and is definitely a keeper in everyone's kitchens. It's very easy to make, and absolutely delicious.
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 3 cups frozen (or fresh) raspberries (1 pound)
- 1 stick plus 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- FOR THE CUSTARD:
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- Zest and juice 2 lemons (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 1/4 cup flour
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Drain the raspberries in a strainer set over a bowl.
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Using your fingers, combine the butter, sugar and the flour and blend together until coarse crumbs form.
Use a food processor and pulse the butter, flour and sugar until crumbly.
Pour the mixture into an ungreased nonstick 9-inch springform or cake pan and press down evenly to form a crust.
Bake the shortbread crust until lightly golden, about 20 minutes.
Remove the shortbread from the oven and reduce the temperature to 325°F.
Scatter the drained raspberries evenly over the baked shortbread.
Beat the eggs with the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar until thick and pale yellow.
Whisk in the lemon zest, the lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 cup of flour.
Pour the lemon cream over the raspberries and bake the tart until the custard is set, about 30 minutes.
Let cool, then dust with confectioners’ sugar.
You'll also love
- Lemonade 4.6/5 (38 Votes)
- Elvis Banana Split 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Creamy Italian Potato Salad Recipe 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Apple Pie Paleo Granola 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- White Chocolate Caramel Blondies 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Szechuan Orange-Ginger Beef 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Baked Raspberry Lemon Donuts 4.2/5 (51 Votes)