Lemony Lemon Brownies
These "brownies" have a bright, tart, and fresh lemon flavor. It's a perfect dessert in any season, but particularly refreshing in spring or summer!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs, large
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup icing sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees°F.
Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
Pour into baking dish and bake for 23 to 25 mins, should turn golden around the edges.
Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not over-bake or the bars will dry.
Sift the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice. Spread the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
Cut into bars and serve.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Mac N Cheese 3.8/5 (458 Votes)
- OVERNIGHT BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST 4.5/5 (114 Votes)
- Bobby's Goulash 4.2/5 (150 Votes)
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip 4.6/5 (112 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Key Lime Cake 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
- Macaroon Kiss Cookies 4.5/5 (117 Votes)
- Lemon Coconut Bars 4.4/5 (119 Votes)
- Devil's Food Pound Cake 3.8/5 (183 Votes)