Szechuan Orange-Ginger Beef
10 points per serving
- 2 navel oranges
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound beef top round, trimmed and cut into 1/6 x 2-inch slices
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
With vegetable peeler, remove 3 (4-inch) strips zest from one of the oranges; thinly slice strips on diagonal. With knife, remove peel and pith from both oranges. Holding orange over small bowl to catch juice, cut along either side of each membrane to release orange sections, allowing juice to fall into bowl. Repeat.
Whisk together 1/3 cup of broth, the orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, and pepper flakes in small bowl until blended.
Heat wok or large deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles in pan. Add oil and swirl to coat wok. Add beef and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 4 minutes; transfer to plate.
Add beans, bell pepper, orange zest, and remaining 1/2 cup broth to wok. Cook, covered, 2 minutes. Uncover and add scallions, ginger, and garlic; stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Re-whisk cornstarch mixture. Return beef to wok along with orange sections and cornstarch mixture. Stir-fry until sauce bubbles and thickens, about I minute. Serve with rice.
PER SERVING 1 1/2 cups orange beef and % cup rice): 400 Cal, 10 g Total Fat, 2 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 56 mg Choi, 538 mg Sod, 46 g Carb, 9 g Sugar, 7 g Fib, 33 g Prot, 102 mg Calc.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Baked Raspberry Lemon Donuts 4.1/5 (53 Votes)
- Baked Pork Chops with Onion Mix... 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Crunchy honey garlic pork chops 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Lemon White chocolate Strawberry... 4.5/5 (47 Votes)
- Homemade Beefaroni 4.3/5 (69 Votes)
- Szechuan Beef with Broccoli 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Corrected Version: Slow Cooker... 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
Review this recipe