Lemon Curd in an Instant Pot
Make your own lemon curd! You do need a pressure cooker, and remember to only fill the jars half full. Once you make your own, you'll never buy it again!
- 1/4 cup of melted butter, half stick
- 1 1/3 cup of sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 large eggs, and 1 egg yolk
- 2-pint jars with lids/rings
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Stir all ingredients together with a spoon then mix with immersion blender; I do it all in a four-cup silicone measuring cup, including melting the butter in the microwave. Easy cleanup!
Pour into jars (fill pint jars only half full) put lids on finger tight.
Put two cups of water in inner pan. Place jars on trivet or steam basket.
Close and lock lid and close the vent. Manual, Hi, 9 minutes.
When completed, wait 10 minutes. Release steam, carefully remove jars, placing on trivets or pot holders (not directly on counters).
Carefully open jars and stir well. Place lids back on and cool 20 min and then refrigerate 4 hours.
Serve on scones, cakes, cheesecake, yogurt. One batch makes two cups. **not meant to be shelf stable**
You'll also love
- French Coconut Pie 4.1/5 (69 Votes)
- Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Kevin's Famous Macaroni and Cheese 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Peppermint Popcorn Bark 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Orange Dreamsicle Fudge 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Lemon Jello Cake 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Spinach Bacon Cheese Puffs 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Lemon Poppy Oat Pancakes 4.5/5 (45 Votes)