Paleo Pad Thai with Sunshine Sauce
This Pad Thai’s “sunshine shine” sauce is what separates this recipe above all the others I have tried.
- PAD THAI:
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced, about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup snap peas, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 8 ounces tofu or veggie meat, cooked and thinly sliced
- OPTIONAL GARINSHES:
- Toasted cashews or almonds, chopped
- Sunflower seeds
- Sliced scallions
- Minced cilantro
- A squeeze of lime juice
- SUNSHINE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter or almond butter, sugar added
- dash ground cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from meljoulwan.com
In a small bowl, use a fork to scramble the eggs with the coconut aminos. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons coconut oil and when it's melted, pour in the eggs and let them spread like a pancake. Reduce the heat to medium and cover with a lid, letting the eggs cook until they're set and beginning to brown on the bottom, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and lightly brown the other side. Remove the eggs from the pan and cut into strips with a sharp knife.
Using the same pan, increase heat to medium-high and add 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Saute the onion and snap peas until they're crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add the spaghetti squash, tofu, and cooked egg to the pan and cook until heated through, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
While the veggies are cooking, place lime juice, garlic, coconut amigos, ginger, vinegar, nut butter, and cayenne in the bowl of a food processor and whirl until well-blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber scraper, then add the coconut milk. Process until it's blended and smooth.
When the veggies have cooked, add the Sunshine Sauce to the pan and stir-fry until everything is well-blended and hot. Sprinkle each serving with desired garnishes.
You'll also love
- Black Bean Burgers 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Thai Mussels with Lemongrass,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Salads - SPINACH SALAD 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Michael Symon's Dad's Potato... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Goat Cheese and Arugula over Penne 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy Caprese Pasta 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Roger's Cornbread Dressing 4.7/5 (3 Votes)