Chicken and Spinach Paleo Ravioli
Enjoy a great dish of Chicken and Spinach Paleo Ravioli for lunch or dinner. This great tasting dish will have you wanting seconds!
- 4 medium to large yellow squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Small handful fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Caulif-redo Sauce
- Makes several cups
- 1 head of cauliflower, cored and chopped into large chunks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- salt/pepper to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 . Steam cauliflower until fork-tender.
- 2 . While cauliflower steams, heat olive oil over medium low heat in a small pot. Add shallot and saute for a few minutes, then add chicken broth and heat through.
- 3 . Add cauliflower, shallot/broth mixture, and remaining ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more coconut milk if needed.
- 4 . Serve over ANYTHING!!!!
Adapted from cupcakesomg.blogspot.com
Cut ends of squash off and slice down the middle so you have two halves. Using the narrowest setting on your mandolin, slice the squash into long, flat strips. You'll end with around 70 or so strips.
In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and a pinch of salt and saute for about 5 minutes, until nearly translucent. Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
Add ground chicken to onion and garlic and saute until chicken is cooked all the way through.
Squeeze all the excess water out of the spinach, then ad chicken, spinach, salt, pepper, and mascarpone to a food processor or blender and puree until mixture reaches desired consistency.
Assemble the ravioli by just barely overlapping two strips of squash (pictured above). Do the same over the middle of the first two strips, but perpendicular, creating a cross or "t" shape.
Spoon filling in the center of the cross, then bring the ends of the strips together, overlapping each other. If that doesn't make sense, just see the picture above.
Secure with a toothpick.
Before serving, steam raviolis for about 4 minutes, or until squash is tender and inside is warm.
Top with Caulif-redo or sauce of your choice.
You'll also love
- Bobby Flay's Adobo-Seasoned Baked... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken & Almonds Skillet... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Red Lobster's Cajun Chicken Pasta 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Lentil Soup 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Salmon Spinach Pasta 3.8/5 (47 Votes)
- Rock Bottom Brewery's Spicy... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pesto Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Air Fryer Fried Ravioli 3.3/5 (109 Votes)