Paleo Comfort Foods' Chicken Tortilla-less Soup
Paleo Comfort Foods' Chicken Tortilla-less Soup is the healthy, hearty, and delicious recipe that you'll want to whip up any night of the week or weekend. This recipe is paleo and does not contain tortilla chips or strips so that you can enjoy this recipe any time without the guilt. Serve this recipe at your next dinner party or festive celebration also and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and avocado for a little extra something special and fresh.
- 3 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, and skinless
- 3 tablespoons oil, your choice, divided
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of fajita or taco seasoning
- 1 large or 2 medium onions, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 to 2 poblano peppers, diced
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes or regular canned tomatoes
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- avocado, cubed and fresh cilantro, diced, to garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from paleocomfortfoods.com
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
Place your chicken breasts in a large baking pan and pour 1 tablespoon of oil over all, coating well. Sprinkle your fajita seasoning over the chicken, coating well, and place in the oven.
Cook for about 30 to 45 minutes until cooked through and liquid from chicken runs clear. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken. Using two forks, shred the chicken.
Meanwhile, in a large dutch oven over medium heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and when hot, add the onions. Cook until onions are translucent, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Add the garlic and peppers and saute for about 1 to 2 minutes, until fragrant.
Pour in the chicken stock and fire roasted tomatoes and bring to a medium boil.
If you want a slightly thickened soup, strain out some of the tomatoes, onions, and peppers and place in a blender and puree. Pour back into the broth mixture.
Add the chicken, cilantro, and lime juice to the pot. Salt and black pepper to taste.
Serve with some fresh cilantro and chopped up avocado on top.
If you don't have taco seasoning, use a mix of ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne.
You'll also love
- Ravioli Bake 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus and Fresh Herb... 4.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Strawberry Sorbet 4.6/5 (142 Votes)
- Baked French Toast 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Mini Peach Cobbler Recipe 4.5/5 (152 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Enchiladas 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Beef & Bean Taco Casserole 4.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Beef Stew with... 4.5/5 (146 Votes)