Harissa Beef Brisket
Harissa is a Northern African spice blend that gives an exotic, spice-y taste to this beef brisket. Serve this dish with any potato side and assorted roasted vegetables for a nutrient-dense, hearty meal that the whole family will love. This beef brisket is the perfect main course to spice up any holiday spread or dinner party gathering, because you can double or triple this recipe with ease. Travel the world without leaving your house!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 (2.5-pound) beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons harissa
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce of your choice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 390mins
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
Prepare meat on all sides by patting in salt, lemon pepper, and harissa. Coat lightly with the flour on all sides.
Melt the butter and olive oil in a heavy skillet with a tight lid over medium heat. Saute garlic until translucent. Add meat and brown on both sides. Increase heat to medium high and slowly add wine. Let this sizzle for about 5 minutes. Add about 2 ½ cups of water. Cover very tightly with a lid. Double foil on top, tuck around the skillet and then put the lid on.
Put in a preheated 300°F oven for 4 to 6 hours. Check a few times to see if you need to add more water.
When the meat can be torn apart with a fork, remove from oven and tear apart. Add chili flakes and BBQ sauce and blend. Keep warm on simmer on stove top until ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Spicy Chicken Enchiladas for Two 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Tomato and Zucchini Frittata 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato-basil Bisque 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Chorizo Potato Croquettes 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Pasta Skillet 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Memphis Style Smoked Turkey 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Lemon, Thyme, & Cauliflower Bean... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Soup 4.6/5 (8 Votes)