Spicy Chicken Enchiladas for Two
This delicious chicken enchilada recipe for two is prepped in less than 15 minutes. Minimal effort with great flavors, you'll be making this tasty dish often!
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso® enchilada sauce (from 10-ounce can)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso® chopped green chiles (from 4.5-ounce can)
- 4 Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch) (from 11.5-ounce package)
- 1/2 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped (1 small)
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F.
Spray 8-inch square 2-quart glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Heat 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
Stir in onion, salt, oregano and pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Cool 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, spread 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce in baking dish.
Stir 1/2 cup of the cheese, the sour cream and chiles into chicken mixture. Spoon mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; roll up and place seam side down over sauce in dish. Spoon remaining 1/4 cup enchilada sauce over tortillas. Cover with foil.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Uncover; sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top. Bake uncovered 4 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle individual servings with lettuce and tomato.
You'll also love
- Chicken Pasta Skillet 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken-Corn Chowder 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Mushroom-Dill Chicken Rolls 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Verde 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Chicken & Tortilla Soup 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Spinach Dip Baked Chicken 4.2/5 (53 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchiladas 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Rustic Italian Chicken... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)