Memphis Style Smoked Turkey
Kick it up a notch this Thanksgiving with this delicious Memphis Style Smoked Turkey. Tons of flavor and super moist, you're going to love having this at your holiday feast!
- MEMPHIS RUB:
- 1 (10- to 12-pound) turkey
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- 1/4 cup mild chili powder (use medium or hot to kick up the heat)
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 300mins
Mix rub together in a bowl, then place into an air tight container.
Prepare a thawed turkey, remove the innards and skin, rinse off the turkey.
Apply the rub with a light to medium coat. Place into a container large enough to hold the turkey, cover with foil or plastic wrap then place into fridge over night.
Remove from fridge and place on counter allowing it to come up to room temperature. Prepare your smoker at this time and preheat it.
Once your smoker has been preheated for 30 to 45 minutes start the smoke and place your turkey in the smoker. Smoke with apple, maple, oak for no more then 4 hours. If you like a stronger smoke use mesquite or hickory.
Continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 180°F. Remove and let rest 10 minutes prior to carving.
You'll also love
- Cornmeal Scrapple Recipe 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- RICE COOKER MACARONI AND CHEESE 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Filipino Pork Barbeque 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- smoked sausage and white bean soup 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon, Thyme, & Cauliflower Bean... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Eggs Benedict 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Turkey Ragu on Spaghetti Squash 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Turkey Meatloaf with Brown... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)