Chicken Pasta Skillet
By Nicole S
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 T plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Cooking time 30mins
In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; stir in broth mixture. Add half-and-half. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Add process cheese, seasoning blend and salt; stir until smooth.
Add chicken and pasta mixture; heat through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.