Seared & Roasted Salmon
This method of searing and roasting salmon is foolproof-- it never turns out overcooked or dry. Choose your own seasoning, herbs de provence, dill, salt & pepper...it's all good.
- Fresh salmon filets (1 filet per serving)
- Kosher salt & pepper and any seasonings of your choice
- Olive oil
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Wash and then pat the salmon completely dry.
Pierce a few small slits through the skin. Flip the filet to the other side, and season with kosher salt & pepper (sometimes I use Herbs de Provence).
Heat an oven-proof skillet with 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil. When the skillet is HOT (the oil is shimmering, but not smoking), place the salmon (skin side up) and allow to sear (don't touch this salmon) for 2 to 3 minutes. To check, lift a small corner and look for a golden crust.
Flip the salmon, skin side down and put into the oven. Roast for about 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove from the oven. You can make a beautiful pan sauce from the fond that is left behind.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Cranberry Amish Friendship... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Low-Carb Blueberry Cream Cheese... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Blueberry Wild Rice Salad 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Shrimp BLT 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Peppered Shrimp Alfredo 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Spicy Tuna Melts 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Smoked Beer-Can Turkey 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Salmon, Kale & Soba Noodles 4/5 (4 Votes)