Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake
Love pumpkin? You'll love this pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust! Serve plain or with a dollop of real whipping cream.
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs, about 32
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 110mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 300°F. Grease 9-inch springform pan with shortening or cooking spray. Wrap foil around pan to catch drips.
In small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter. Press crumb mixture in bottom and 1 inch up side of pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed just until smooth and creamy; do not overbeat. On low speed, gradually beat in sugar. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Spoon 3 cups of the cream cheese mixture into pan; spread evenly.
Stir pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg into remaining cream cheese mixture; mix with wire whisk until smooth. Spoon over mixture in pan.
Bake 1 hour 25 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until edges are set but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved.
Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes longer. Remove from oven; place on cooling rack. Without releasing side of pan, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. Cover loosely; refrigerate at least 6 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake again; carefully remove side of pan. Place cheesecake on serving plate. Store cheesecake covered in refrigerator.
Expert Tips: The key to a smooth top on a cheesecake is using the correct oven temperature, bake time and beating the cream cheese mixture just until smooth.
Garnish this luscious dessert with whipping cream.
You'll also love
- Banana Split Milk Shake 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Quick Pumpkin Cake 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Creamy Apple Cranberry Coleslaw 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Easy Cream Puff Cake 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Spinach & Bean Burrito Wrap 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Savory Ham & Cheese Muffins 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Muffins 4/5 (67 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Cake 4.3/5 (46 Votes)