Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries
Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries provide all the fun and even more flavor than regular fries, but none of the calories and fat! My kids do not care much for green beans in general, but this recipe had them not only enjoying them, but reaching for more. The coating is delicious and, just like French fries, you can’t eat just one!
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from dizzybusyandhungry.com
Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
Combine the breadcrumbs, ranch mix, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Lightly spray a baking sheet with the olive oil spray.
Dip the green beans in the egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture to coat.
Place on the baking sheet in a single layer.
When all green beans are coated, spray them lightly with the olive oil spray and place the baking sheet in the oven.
Bake for 10 minutes, then flip them and bake for another 2 to 5 minutes until crispy. If needed, turn on the broiler for a minute or two to get them really crispy (just be careful not to burn them!).
You'll also love
- Cheesy Breakfast Potatoes 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pudding... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cheesy Salsa Chicken with Lime,... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- No Bake Munchkins / Chocolate... 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Summer Watermelon Salad with... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Not the Classic Green Bean... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cherry or Raspberry Tapioca Pudding 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Keens' Steakhouse Prime Rib Hash 4.4/5 (14 Votes)