Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce with Basil
Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce with Basil brings a different layer of flavor and a balanced tangy sweetness. Perfect with Thanksgiving turkey and dressing.
- 32 ounces fresh organic cranberries, rinsed and picked over
- 1 organic pomegranate, arils removed
- 1 organic lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 organic oranges, juice and zested
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Real salt or Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup organic grade B maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pure pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic basil, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a non-reactive large saucepan, combine all ingredients but the basil. Simmer over medium heat, stirring often, until cranberries begin to pop – about 10 to 15 minutes Continue to cook over low heat, another 15 minutes. Stir in the chopped basil. At this point you can use an immersion blender to break up the cranberries some or leave them “whole” style.
For canning: Pour, while hot, into prepared hot jars, leaving ¼-inch head space. Adjust caps. Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Let cool overnight before checking seals.
For refrigeration: Transfer to Mason jars and let them come to room temperature before covering and refrigerating.
Makes about three pints.
You'll also love
- Gouda, Pancetta, & Onion Fondue... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Steamed Whole Cauliflower with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Classic Potato Latkes 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Tempeh Braised with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Oysters Rockefeller Sourdough... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Christmas Pasta Sauce 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Turkey and Cranberry Ravioli... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)