This is a basic recipe for cheese fondue that highlights a cheddar cheese, instead of a traditional swiss or gruyere cheese. Make sure to buy a good baguette for dipping.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix together milk, Worcestershire sauce, ground dry mustard, garlic and flour. Heat until almost boiling. Gradually stir in Cheddar cheese. Continue heating until all the cheese has melted. Keep the mixture warm and melted in a fondue dish.