Hawaiian Macadamia Chicken Salad
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened (can use mayo)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup cooked medium-grain* white rice, cooled
- 1/4 cup green onion slices
- 1/2 cup chopped Macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup jicama, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces pineapple slices (rounds)
- Note: It is important to use medium-grain white rice in this recipe - it is the only kind that remains soft when cold.
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from realwomenofphiladelphia.com
Drain juice from crushed pineapple into a medium glass bowl; set aside the pineapple for later.
Add cream cheese, salt and pepper to the juice and mix with a whisk or fork until thoroughly blended.
Add chicken, rice, green onions, Macadamia nuts, jicama and the reserved crushed pineapple to the cream cheese mixture; stir gently until combined.
Refrigerate mixture for 2 hours or until well chilled.
To serve, line 4 salad plates with lettuce leaves if desired.
Place a pineapple round on top of each plate.
Mound chicken salad mixture onto center of pineapple round.
You'll also love
- Chicken Waldorf Salad (LF) 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Vegan Waldorf Salad 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Breast with Cilantro & Red... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Ream's Noodles Classic Chicken... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Marsala Chicken and Mushroom... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Spiced Chicken and Shrimp Egg Rolls 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Southern Style Pecan Chicken Salad 4.3/5 (27 Votes)