Beef or Pork Green Chile Stew
- 2 lbs lean beef or pork (I always use pork)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 (or 3) garlic cloves, minced (use fresh)
- salt to taste
- 6 – 8 Hatch green chiles, chopped (or 1/2 cup)*
- Warm flour tortillas
Adapted from facebook.com
Place oil in large saucepan and saute onion and garlic over medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes; Cube meat, sprinkle with salt and add to onion and garlic to brown. Add potatoes and chile and cover with water. Cook over medium heat until potatoes are soft enough to eat and continue to add water if necessary.
Garnish with cilantro if you like (which I do). Serve with warm flour tortillas. Eat, enjoy and stay warm!
If you cannot find Hatch chiles, you can use poblano peppers and add a few sweet cubanella peppers and a jalapeno.
You'll also love
- Lemony Brussels Sprouts 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Blueberry Green Tea Cheap-o-chino 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Rib-Eye alla Fiorentina, with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Lobster Salad Roll 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Bake Beef Enchiladas 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Creamy Herbed Chicken... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Two-Can Cola Beef... 4.2/5 (53 Votes)
- BBQ Shredded Pork 4.5/5 (27 Votes)