Cranberry and Apple Crumble
This sweet-tart crumble is best served warm, topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Kathy Farrell-Kingsley's cookbook Chocolate Therapy
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 TBSP sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 cups peeled and sliced (about 1/2 inch thick) apples
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 TBSP cornstarch
Heat oven to 375 F. Combine the flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, the brown sugar, and the butter in a bowl. Use a pastry cutter to mix.
Combine the apple slices and cranberries in a large bowl. Mix the juice, remaining 2 TBSP of sugar, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the fruit and toss well.
Spoon the fruit into a 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle on the flour mixture. Bake the crumble until bubbly and golden brown, about 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Angel Hair with Bacon, Brussels... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Banana Bread 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Soft Raisin Cookies 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- CARAMEL APPLE SOFT PRETZELS 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Strawberry Angel Pie 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Cranberry Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (14 Votes)