This Beef Stew recipe combines the rich flavors of strong coffee with meaty beef stew meat and spicy ground chipotle peppers for a truly unique and flavorful dish that will warm you from the inside-out. Spicy and smokey this stew recipe is perfect to dip your favorite crust bread in or just to enjoy while cuddling by a roaring fire. This dish can be prepared in your slow-cooker for a hands-free, super easy meal.
- 1 1/2-pounds lean beef stew meat, cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- chopped cilantro, optional to garnish
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 200mins
In a 4-quart or larger slow-cooker pot, combine the beef, onion, flour, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon chipotle, cumin, oregano, and salt. With a spoon or clean hands, toss to coat the meat evenly with the other ingredients. Add the coffee and tomatoes. Stir to blend.
Cover and cook on the high setting for 3 hours or until the meat is fork-tender.
Taste and add up to 1/4 teaspoon chipotle, if desired. Garnish with cilantro, if using.
This stew can be cooked in the slow-cooker on the low setting for 6 hours.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Ranch Crusted Pork Chop 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Farmer's Market Squash Saute 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cinderella Pumpkin Cake 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Hazelnut Peanut Butter Sandwich... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Bloody Mary Bar 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Low Country Smothered Pork Chops 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Basic Black-Eyed Peas 4.4/5 (12 Votes)