Chicken & Rice Bake without Canned Soup
My version of my Mom's chicken & rice without the canned cream of mushroom soup or Lipton dried onion soup. It's so good, enjoy!
- CREAM SOUP SUBSTITUTE:
- 1/3 cup powdered milk
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- LIPTON ONION SOUP SUBSTITUTE:
- 1/4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups water (or use chicken stock instead of water and chicken soup base)
- 1 teaspoon chicken soup base or bouillon granules
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 6 chicken thighs, skinless (feel free to use your favorite chicken parts or a cut up whole chicken)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from futureexpat.com
In one bowl, combine the cream soup ingredients and in another bowl combine the onion soup ingredients.
Spray a 9"×13" baking dish with cooking spray and place the uncooked rice across the bottom.
Combine the water and chicken soup base (or use an equivalent amount of chicken stock) with 1/2 of the onion soup. Pour over over the rice.
Place the chicken parts throughout the pan with the pieces not touching. If you use chicken with skin on it, place the skin side up.
Sprinkle the remaining onion soup substitute over the chicken. Then pour the cream soup substitute on top of the chicken, evenly distributed among all of the pieces.
Sprinkle all with paprika.
Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and chicken is done (poke a piece of chicken in the fattest part with a fork and press down…if the liquid comes out pink, keep cooking).
You'll also love
- Grilled Balsamic Chicken with... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Mushroom Chicken Piccata Recipe 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Baked Buffalo Popcorn Chicken with... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Best Chicken Parmigiana 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken & Rice Casserole 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken Legs & Thighs 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Leftover Chicken and Rice Casserole 4.6/5 (8 Votes)