Mushroom Chicken Piccata Recipe
Whether you're looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or impressive meal for guests, this Chicken Piccata with mushrooms comes highly recommended. It's delicious!
- 4 (4-ounces each) chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Cook chicken 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a platter; keep warm.
In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add a single layer of mushrooms and cook, without stirring, about 5 minutes or until mushrooms become red-brown on one side. Turn mushrooms, add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Add wine. Loosen browned bits from pan bottom. Bring to a boil: stir in broth and bring back to a boil. Slice 4 thin slices from lemon and juice remaining lemon. Add lemon slices and juice to skillet. Stir in capers and continue cooking until mixture thickens. Add chicken to sauce; heat through.
You'll also love
- Fried Mac & Cheese Balls 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Hawaiian Ham Roll Sliders 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- One-Pot Chicken Pad Thai 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Buffalo Popcorn Chicken with... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Best Chicken Parmigiana 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Vegetarian Wild Mushroom &... 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom,... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Pesto Chicken Flatbread 4.3/5 (17 Votes)