Oven Fried Chicken Legs & Thighs
Oven Fried Chicken Legs and Thighs is the lightened up recipe that you've been looking for. Filled with all of the crispy texture and zesty flavors of fried chicken, but better for you because this recipe is baked, make this recipe anytime you have a craving but don't want to indulge too much. Serve this recipe with a lightly dressed side salad, assorted steamed or roasted vegetables, or even creamy mashed potatoes.
- FOR COATING:
- 8 chicken legs
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 cups milk
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat Oven 350°F.
Set out 2 large bowls. Put the milk in one bowl and then in the other bowl mix together the flour, cornmeal, instant potato flakes, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Dip the chicken first in the milk and then in the coating mixture. Be sure that the chicken is well-coated in both mixtures.
Place in a baking pan and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes; until a beautiful golden color is achieved and the juices run clear from the meat.
You'll also love
- Garlic Chicken & Veggies Stir Fry 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs Glazed with... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Chicken Sausage, Mushroom and... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Pesto Chicken Flatbread 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken Kiev Spaghetti 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Shrimp and Chicken Fajitas 4.1/5 (56 Votes)
- Smoked Stella Artois Chicken... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Orange Chicken Recipe 4.5/5 (15 Votes)