Baked Buffalo Popcorn Chicken with Creamy Honey Buffalo Dip
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts, pounded thin, cut into 1" pieces
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- Panko Breading
- 1 1/4 cups panko breadrumbs
- 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Buffalo Egg Wash
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Hot WINGS Sauce (not their regular hot sauce)*
- Creamy Honey Buffalo Dip
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- A couple dashes - 1 teaspoon Frank’s Hot Wings Sauce
Adapted from carlsbadcravings.com
Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a baking rack on top of the foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 425 F.
Add flour to a large freezer bag. Mix together Panko Breading ingredients in a separate large freezer bag (or separate large bowl). In a large bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and 1/4 cup hot sauce.
Add chicken to flour mixture and toss until coated. Dip chicken in egg/buffalo sauce mixture and let any excess drip off before placing in bag with Panko Breading. Toss with breading until well coated, pressing breading into chicken through the bag.
Line chicken on the baking rack, and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden. Broil to desired crispiness.
Meanwhile, make the Creamy Honey Buffalo Dip by whisking all the ingredients together except the hot sauce. After chicken is done, taste a piece to decide how spicy you want to make the dip and proceed to add hot sauce. (I use a full teaspoon and it is hot how I like it :) Start popping!
You'll also love
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Spicy Brunch Lasagna 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Best Chicken Parmigiana 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Sauté Chicken Breast with Wine... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken and Stuffing Casserole 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Chili 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles Recipe 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Soft Baked Pretzels 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
Review this recipe