Grilled Balsamic Chicken with Mozzarella and Pesto
Impress your family and guests with this easy to make 4 ingredient main dish. The fresh flavors from the pesto are complemented with the balsamic reduction and mozzarella cheese on simply grilled chicken breasts.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 large ball fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into four thick slices
- Pesto (homemade or store-bought)
Adapted from pbs.org
Place chicken and one cup of balsamic vinegar in a large plastic bag. Seal bag tightly and place in fridge to marinate for one hour. (Don’t marinate this recipe overnight because over a long period of time, the acid in the vinegar may break down the chicken breast, forming a mushy texture.)
Place the other cup of balsamic vinegar in a small pot on the stove and bring to simmer. Continue simmering for about 15 minutes, until vinegar has reduced and is thick like syrup. Take off stove and let cool while you cook the chicken breasts.
After chicken breasts have finished marinating, preheat grill (or prepare grill pan on the stove). Grill chicken breasts until cooked through, about eight minutes per side. Remove chicken and place on a plate.
Turn broiler on high and place one slice of mozzarella on each chicken breast. Place chicken breasts on a foil-covered sheet tray and broil for three-four minutes until cheese melts.
Top each chicken breast with a dollop of pesto and drizzle balsamic reduction over top.
You'll also love
- Baked Mozzarella Chicken Rolls 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Mushroom Chicken Piccata Recipe 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Fried Mac & Cheese Balls 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Hawaiian Ham Roll Sliders 4.2/5 (43 Votes)
- One-Pot Chicken Pad Thai 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pesto Chicken Flatbread 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Campbell's Southern-Style... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Open-Face Pesto-Chicken Burgers 4.5/5 (17 Votes)