Cornbread Sausage Stuffing with Toasted Pecans
This cornbread and sausage stuffing recipe is from the wonderful Fairway Market. It is easy to make and so delicious! a perfect side dish any time of year.
- 4 4 4 pounds cornbread, cut into small cubes
- 8 8 8 ribs celery, cleaned and chopped into small dice
- 4 4 4 medium Spanish onions, peeled and chopped into small dice
- 1 1 1 pound Fairway Hot Pork Sausage or Fairway Sweet Italian Sausage
- 2 2 2 pounds cremini or button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 4 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 2 2 cups pecans, toasted
- 2 2 2 tablespoons Fairway Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 4 4 tablespoons butter for onions (substitute with Fairway olive oil, if desired)
- 8 8 8 tablespoons melted butter for cornbread (substitute with Fairway olive oil, if desired)
- to Sea Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from blog.fairwaymarket.com
Brush the cornbread cubes generously with melted butter or olive oil and place them in the oven until they are nicely toasted. Let cool.
In a large skillet, crumble and brown the sausage over medium-high heat. Remove the sausage from the skillet and set aside.
Sauté the onions in 4 tablespoons of butter or olive oil for 5 minutes, do not brown them. Add the celery to the pan and continue to cook for 10 more minutes, but do not brown.
In a separate sauté pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil and allow it to get smoking hot.
Add the mushrooms and cook over high heat keeping the mushrooms jumping for 1 minute. The edges of the mushrooms should become slightly charred.
Place all of the cooked vegetables and the toasted pecans into a large bowl along with the two sprigs of thyme.
Add the cornbread while the vegetables are still hot and gently fold together being careful not to break the corn bread up too much.
Let it sit for a bit. If you add the cornbread while the vegetables are still hot the cornbread will absorb more of their flavors.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Tuscan Kale & Cannellini Bean Salad 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Ragu on Spaghetti Squash 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Halloween Sloppy Joes 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Bourbon Glazed Smoke Pork Chops 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp & Sun Dried Tomato Dip 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme... 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Soup 4.6/5 (8 Votes)