Tuscan Kale & Cannellini Bean Salad
My salad was inspired by a recipe that I found on Dr. Weil's site. I have made his version many times, but today I decided to add some Cannellini beans to the mix which resulted in this recipe. It makes a nice, light lunch and the added beans will give you calcium and protein.
- 2 bunches of Lacinato Kale, washed dried and center stem removed (about 6 cups)
- 2 - 4 Tbsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Zest from one Lemon
- 2 - 4 Tbsp excellent quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used 2 Tbsp)
- 2-3 cloves fresh Garlic, minced
- 1 ounce (about 1/3 cup) finely grated Asiago Cheese
- 1/3 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 9 ounces cooked, drained Cannellini Beans. If using canned, rinse under cool water and drain well. (no salt added)
- A few grinds of fresh Black Pepper
- Sea Salt to your taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from atableforrue.blogspot.com
In a 2 qt bowl place the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper and mix lightly.
Stack the kale leaves and slice very thin and cut into bite size pieces. Toss Kale into the bowl with the olive oil, garlic, etc. and mix well.
Toss in the grated Asiago Cheese, Cannellini beans and the Panko breadcrumbs. Mix well.
Cover and let stand at least 5 minutes, the longer the better. I generally make this a few hours before I plan on using it, cover and refrigerate until I am ready to serve.
You'll also love
- Black Forest Cherry Bars 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Ragu on Spaghetti Squash 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Coconut Carrot Salad 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin with... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Soup 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Sage and Kale Corn Bread Dressing 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Cheese Tortellini Soup w/... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Bean & Kale Soup 4.4/5 (23 Votes)