Brazilian Skirt Steak with Golden Garlic Butter
Based on a dish you’ll find in restaurants in Rio de Janeiro, this recipe uses few ingredients but packs a lot of bold flavor.
- 6 medium cloves garlic
- Kosher salt
- 1-1/2 pound skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespsoons canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 ounce (4 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from finecooking.com
Peel the garlic cloves and smash them with the side of a chef’s knife. Sprinkle the garlic lightly with salt and mince it.
Pat the steak dry and season generously on both sides with salt and pepper. In a heavy-duty 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering hot. Add the steak and brown well on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer the steak to a plate and let rest while you make the garlic butter.
In an 8-inch skillet, melt the butter over low heat. Add the garlic and cook, swirling the pan frequently, until lightly golden, about 4 minutes. Lightly salt to taste.
Slice the steak, if you like, and transfer to 4 plates. Spoon the garlic butter over the steak, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve.
Serve with something that would also benefit from a hit of garlic, such as spinach or mashed potatoes
You'll also love
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough... 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Chicken Breast Stuffed with... 4.2/5 (77 Votes)
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Tacos al Pastor 4.5/5 (52 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken 4.6/5 (49 Votes)