Meyer Lemon Yogurt Bundt Cake
I have made this Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake recipe numerous times, as a loaf cake. I use Non-Fat Greek Yogurt, but any kind of yogurt will work well. The yogurt and oil (instead of butter) is the key to the moistness of the cake. While the cake is still warm, a simple syrup of lemon juice and sugar is poured on and the final touch is a simple lemon glaze. This cake is perfect with a morning cup of tea, or as a dessert. The recipe originally comes from Ina Garten, so you know it's good!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt*
- 1 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated (2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- I use non-fat Greek yogurt or low-fat yogurt with great results.
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Grease an 8 1/2 X 4 1/4 X 2 1/2-inch loaf pan ). Line the bottom with parchment paper (Don’t skip this). Grease and flour the pan.
Or, you can use a bundt cake pan but be sure to flour it well (I use Baker’s Joy for perfect results)
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl.
In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla.
Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
With a rubber spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it’s all incorporated.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
I always check my cakes 5 minutes before the recommended time, so I don’t over bake it.
Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining ⅓ cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan.
While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak in. Cool.
For the glaze, combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting 4.6/5 (51 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Oven Fried Pork... 4.3/5 (75 Votes)
- Mango Mint Ice Cream 4.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Strawberry and Mint Water 4.4/5 (61 Votes)
- Fresh Lemon Curd Doughnuts 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie 4.6/5 (48 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Lemon Bars 4.3/5 (74 Votes)
- Christmas Rum Cake 4.4/5 (72 Votes)