Basil Tomato Pork Chops
This recipe comes from The Land o'Lakes Recipe Collection Top 50 from August 2000. Really enjoyed this recipe! Very tasty! Served this with sugar snap peas and egg noodles with same tomato sauce spooned over them. 1 serving: 210 cal., 21 g. protein, 9 g. carbs., 10 g. fat
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
- 8 1/2 " thick pork chops
- 28 oz canned whole tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c water
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into rings
- 1 medium onion, cut into rings
1. Melt butter in Dutch oven until sizzling, stir in garlic. Add 4 pork chops. Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until browned on both sides (4-6 minutes). Remove from pan; set aside. Repeat with remaining pork chops.
2. Return pork chops to pan. Stir in tomatoes, basil, salt & pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil (3-4 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until pork chops are no longer pink (50-60 minutes). Remove pork chops, keep warm.
3. Stir together water and cornstarch in small bowl. Stir cornstarch mixture into hot tomato mixture with wire whisk. Add green pepper and onion.
4. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened and vegetables are crispy tender (5-6 minutes). Serve sauce over pork chops.
You'll also love
- Spicy Citrus Shrimp Fajitas 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Key Lime Cheesecake Dessert Bars 4.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Reuben-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin 4.4/5 (63 Votes)
- Cucumber, Tomato, & Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Parmesan Baked Potato Halves 4.4/5 (63 Votes)
- Cheesy Italian Sausage & Potato... 4/5 (140 Votes)
- Oven Fried Green Tomatoes 4.3/5 (67 Votes)