Spicy Citrus Shrimp Fajitas
- 1/2 cup 100% orange juice
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 medium red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- 1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 tsp. ancho chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 24 10-to-15 count shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and de-veined
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 12 fajita size low-fat, high fiber tortillas
1.Combine all ingredients, except shrimp, oil, cilantro, and tortillas in mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add shrimp and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2.Remove shrimp from marinade and let drain on plate lined with paper towel. Remove vegetables and place in bowl. Add reserved liquid to saucepan and heat until boiling. Then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, set aside.
3.Heat large skillet and add 1/2 Tbsp. oil to the pan. Sauté shrimp until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan.
4.Add 1/2 Tbsp. oil to pan, then add drained vegetables. Cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
5.Add shrimp to the vegetables, toss with reserved marinade and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately with warmed tortillas.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (708 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)