Creamy Potato Carrot Leek Soup
Herbed and crispy bread crumbs top a tasty soup of potatoes, leeks and carrots. Blended so smooth, you’ll think it was made with cream, but it’s vegan-friendly!
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed, diced
- 3 small-medium leeks, light green and white parts, trimmed, washed, sliced
- 3 large carrots, scrubbed, trimmed, sliced into rounds
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced, reserving 1 teaspoon for bread crumbs
- 6 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons thyme, woody stem removed, leaves finely minced
- Bread Crumb Topping:
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme - woody stems removed
- 1 teaspoon reserved minced garlic
- 1 slice of your favorite bread, toasted, processed in food processor until crumbs form
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from sundaymorningbananapancakes.blogspot.de
In a large soup pot add potatoes, carrot rounds, leeks and garlic. Cover with water and bring to a bowl; cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer 20 minutes, until veggies are soft.
Add salt and thyme. Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, or working in batches, carefully transfer soup to a blender and purée, making sure you vent the blender cover for steam to escape; cover opening with a kitchen towel.
Bread Crumb Topping:
Heat a small sauté pan over medium high heat. Drizzle with olive oil and add thyme and garlic. Add bread crumbs and sauté until crumbs are golden brown.
Ladle soup into bowls and top with bread crumb mixture. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Apple Crisp 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Ojibwe bizhikiwi-wiiyaas... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Grilled Sausage and Pepper Rustica... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Tomato Kale and White Bean Soup 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Soup 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potatoes.....2 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Better Than Sex Chex Mix 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Santa Fe Baked Chicken Recipe 4.1/5 (39 Votes)