Guacamole Potato Salad
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, cleaned
- 4 ripe, Haas Avocados, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, whites only, finely chopped
- 1 large serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly
Place the potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with water and microwave on high for 10 minutes. Test for doneness by piercing one potato with a fork. The fork should slide in with gentle resistance. Continue cooking if not done; otherwise carefully drain the potatoes and refrigerate them until cold.
Cut the potatoes in bite-size pieces (quarter or dice depending on size of potato). Place in a large bowl.
Stir in the remaining ingredients, adjust the salt to taste and serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: If made in advance, sprinkle generously with lemon juice and place a layer of plastic wrap right on the surface of the Guacamole Potato Salad and refrigerate. Before serving, taste the salad and add additional mashed Avocado if needed