Garlic Dill Pickles
Nothing is better than homemade pickles. This recipe has a touch of garlic for added flavor.
- 9 cups pickling cucumbers, sliced
- 3 (1-quart) canning jars and lids, sterilized
- 3 grape leaves
- 3 teaspoons dill seed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 cups white vinegar
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1/2 cups salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from gooseberrypatch.typepad.com
Pack cucumbers evenly between sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. To each jar add one grape leaf, one teaspoon dill seed and one clove garlic.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until hot and salt is dissolved.
Pour vinegar mixture evenly into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Wipe rims; secure with lids and rings.
Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes; set jars on a towel to cool. Check for seals.
Makes 3 jars.
You'll also love
- Madelines w/Raspberry & Lemon Curd 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Heart-Healthy Salmon Salad 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Asparagus-Spinach Pesto Pasta with... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Thanksgiving Yams 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Butterflied Chicken with Rosemary,... 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Potato Leek Soup 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Djuvec - Serbian Casserole 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Portuguese-style Shrimp in Garlic 3.8/5 (77 Votes)