Chinese Shrimp Moo Shu
This Chinese Shrimp Moo Shu recipe is adapted from the March 2007 issue of Cooking Light. It is a nice supper for during the week. The original recipe called for 2 tablespoons of the hoisin sauce, which I thought was too much. It has a real strong flavor, and about half that was good for us. I thought the original amount drowned out the other flavors of the recipe. The original recipe also only called for 2 teaspoons of the peanut oil, but I needed more to keep the veggies from sticking.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, divided
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 6 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (or Sriracha)
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 4 8" flour tortillas, Chinese pancakes or Mandarin pancakes
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from food.com
Heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic and the shrimp. Stir fry for 3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Remove shrimp from pan and keep warm.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon of peanut oil to pan. Add remaining garlic and the mushrooms. Stir fry for 1 minute or until the mushrooms are tender. Add carrot and onions. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add cabbage, cook another 2 minutes or until cabbage is wilted.
Combine in a separate small bowl the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon water, cornstarch and chili-garlic sauce, stirring to dissolve. Stir this mixture into the cabbage mixture. Remove from heat, stir in shrimp, tossing to coat.
Place 1/2 cup of shrimp mixture onto tortilla, Chinese pancake, or Mandarin pancake drizzle with hoisin sauce.
You'll also love
- 8 Ball Zucchini 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Hot Grapenut Cereal 3.8/5 (37 Votes)
- Creamy Cucumber Pasta Salad 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Vegan Pad Thai Spring Rolls 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Shrimp and Udon Noodle Dish-Today... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Shrimp Corn Fritters with Red... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon Salmon - Instant Pot 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Lumpiang Ubod (Fresh Spring Rolls) 4.1/5 (34 Votes)