Pappardelle with Shrimp in Tomato Cream Sauce
Made this for my husband's birthday dinner. It was a big hit!
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Pecorino Romano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 oz. Pappardelle pasta, prepared according to package directions
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high and coat the bottom of the pan with 1 Tbs. of the olive oil.
2. Add the shrimp to the skillet and sauté until just cooked, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and raise the heat. Add the remaining 1 Tbs. of olive oil and scrap up any bits on the bottom of the pan.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute and add the tomato paste. Continue to sauté until the paste turns a nice, dark brick red. Add the basil.
5. Raise the heat, stirring constantly, and add the white wine. Let the wine deglaze the skillet and reduce, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer, and simmer until the sauce is further reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
6. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Raise the heat to a medium simmer, and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the cheese, the reserved shrimp, and pasta. Toss to combine and serve.
You'll also love
- Strawberry-Lemonade Muffins 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- HOMEMADE APPLE PECTIN 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Chews for Dogs 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Crab-Stuffed Jalapenos 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Southeast Asian Coconut Shrimp 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Fresh Tomato Omelets with... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Teriyaki Shrimp with Sweet Raisin... 4.7/5 (10 Votes)