Slow-Cooker Bratwurst With Sauerkraut & Potatoes
German comfort food at its finest! Bratwursts simmered in white wine with potatoes, sauerkraut, flavored with caraway seeds and served with hearty dark bread.
- 1 1/2 pounds red new potatoes (about 18), halved if large
- 2 cups sauerkraut, drained
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds bratwurst links
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Dark bread, such as pumpernickel, toasted
- Whole-grain mustard
Adapted from realsimple.com
In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the potatoes, sauerkraut, onion, broth, wine, caraway seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Nestle the bratwurst in the vegetables.
Cover and cook until the potatoes are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
Sprinkle the bratwurst, potatoes, and sauerkraut with the parsley and serve with the toast, butter, and mustard.
You'll also love
- Creamy Cheddar Cheese Soup with... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Dried Banana Chips 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Djuvec - Serbian Casserole 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Lasagne - Barefoot Contessa's... 3.6/5 (125 Votes)
- Pasta Carbonara with Sausage,... 3.7/5 (62 Votes)
- Lemon-Glazed Sweet Potatoes 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Bratwurst Potato Skillet 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Cider-Braised Bratwurst with Apples 3.8/5 (5 Votes)