Potatoes Topped with Smoked Salmon and Fennel
- 12 small (1 1/2-inch) red boiling potatoes
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fennel bulb (sometimes called anise)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Garnish: fennel fronds or fresh dill sprigs
Cover potatoes with salted water by 1 inch in a large saucepan, then simmer, uncovered, until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool.
Stir together salmon, fennel bulb, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Halve cooled potatoes and season cut sides with salt and pepper. Arrange, cut sides up, on a platter (if potatoes wobble, cut a thin slice off rounded bottoms), then dot each with 1/2 teaspoon sour cream. Mound salmon on top.
·Potatoes can be cooked 3 hours ahead and kept, covered, at room temperature. ·Salmon topping can be made 3 hours ahead and chilled, covered.
You'll also love
- bisquick blueberry muffins 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork tenderloin scaloppini with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Layered Spinach salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Kale Lasagna Diavolo 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Roasted Potatoes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Baked Salmon 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato and Lobster Shoreman's Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole WW 4/5 (1 Votes)