Soup, White Bean and Pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups of chopped onions
- 2/3 cup chopped carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 3-1/2 cups of water (more if to thick)
- 1 can of Cannellini white beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup small pasta such as orzo
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (white parts)
- dash or two of hot sauce (like sriracha hot chili sauce) - optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 21mins
Chopped onions, carrots, celery.
Heat olive oil in a 4 qt. pot over medium heat.
Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute until all vegetables are soft - about 12 minutes.
Add 3-1/2 cups of water, can of beans with liquid, and can of tomatoes with liquid - bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 25 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
Add the pasta to the pot and bring to a boil. Cook until pasta is tender, adding more water to soup by 1/2 cupfulls if very thick - about 10 minutes.
Add dash of hot sauce - optional
Ladle soup into bowls - sprinkle with chopped green onions, drizzle with olive oil.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti with Arugula, Roasted... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Blackened Tilapia Baja Tacos 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Bake-tastic Butternut Squash Fries... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted lentil beans 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemon Pasta Envelopes with Cream... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pasta with Bacon & Peas 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pinto Bean Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey & White Bean Burgers 0/5 (0 Votes)