- 1 lb (500 g) of any potato, large or small (unpeeled I prefer fingerlings)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) of olive oil
- a sprinkle or two of thyme or rosemary, dried or fresh
- a sprinkle or two of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- chopped parsley and/or a few sliced green onions, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cover the potatoes with salted water and bring to a simmer, cooking just until tender. Alternatively steam the potatoes until they're just tender.
When they are cool enough to handle, cut them into large bite-sized chunks. Depending on the size of the potato, this may mean simply cutting a smaller one in half or a larger one into 6 or 8 pieces.
Meanwhile, place a baking pan, casserole dish or large skillet in your oven and preheat it to 375°F (190°C). When the potatoes are done, toss them with the olive oil, thyme or rosemary and salt and pepper, coating each piece evenly.
Carefully add them to the preheated pan. The heat of the pan will help keep them from sticking.
Roast until golden brown and crunchy, about 30 minutes or so. Stir occasionally to help them brown evenly.
Just before serving toss with the parsley or green onions or both.