Spaghetti with Arugula, Roasted Peppers, and mushroom bacon
- 12 ounce(s) whole-wheat spaghetti, (see Ingredient note)
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- Mushroom bacon
- 1 jar(s) roasted red peppers, rinsed and cut into thin strips (1 1/2 cups)
- 8 cup(s) arugula leaves (8 ounces)
- 2/3 cup(s) vegan parm
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped walnuts, toasted
Cook spaghetti in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prep mushroom bacon. Heat oil in pan and add bacon, roasted peppers and arugula; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring often, until the arugula is wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
Reserving 1/3 cup of the cooking water, drain the spaghetti and place in a warmed large bowl. Add the reserved water, arugula mixture, 1/3 cup Parmesan and pepper; toss to coat well. Sprinkle with walnuts and the remaining Parmesan and serve.
You'll also love
- Blackened Tilapia Baja Tacos 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Beef Short Ribs in Chipotle and... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Bake-tastic Butternut Squash Fries... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork Afritada 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange-Cardamom Madeleines 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Carmel Popcorn 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Scalloped Spinach 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Layered Lettuce Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)